Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Saturday, November 1, 2008

MORNING AFTER

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Christine Joy Ombania de Asis
IV-Madame Marie Curie


The pain woke me up the next morning, of not finding you on where you used to lay. What I found was a cold, wrinkled, immaculate sheet, stained with a shade darker than my tears’. I carved desperately as I tried to hold the pillow which still carries your aroma, as if I can bring you back by mere embrace. It still feels of your warm flesh engraved by my bubblegum nails; it still smells of your aftershave mixed with my innocence.

Then agony looms over me. I can feel my being broken into two as I try to get hold of my memories and sanity. What remained were strands of my long hair as you loved to stroke, black and blue marks on my broken nudity. I cried endlessly and you seemed like the old you the night before, who became my freedom of all I dreamt to be. We shared an ancient ritual, century of song, millennia of dance. You made me discover an exposed mystery. Then I realized… My sanity is gone.

But the pillow is still a pillow, yet you left a pain inflicted by reality. The dark stain was blood from my cursed purity; my severed aorta. You left me after you stole what I cannot reclaim; you left me after you gained. Now I realized… My sanity is gone, my sanity is gone.

To you, who lured me again to the trap of deception.

No comments: