Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Monday, July 28, 2008

CHOTTO MATTE KUDASAI

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Marie Juliebeth Monge
IV-Sir Isaac Newton


Chotto Matte Kudasai. I wish all of you could understand that phrase. If only I have the powers to slow down time, I would have done it already. If only time won’t spill like water on a sponge, I would have done it a long, long time ago.

I still rememember how confused I was when I entered Makati Science High School. Now, I’m one of those who’ll graduate this year. Gee, time really flies, and fast. I never thought I would be able to survive all those life-threatening projects, sleepless nights, and lunch breaks with no lunch. Funny as it seems, but that’s really true.

“Kung nakayananan ko ang isang buwan, kaya ko rin ang buong quarter. Kung nakayanan ko ang isang quarter, malamang kakayanin ko ang isang taon.” I said when I survived my first month, which I think helped me get throughout the years.

Little by little, I learned to appreciate MakSci, not as student or scholar, but as my second home. I learned to talk and speak for myself when I have to, especially when I have a point. I learned to be resourceful, specifically when the props in the play got lost. I learned the value of teamwork and friendship, especially in those critical times. I learned sportsmanship. I learned the value of sleep, especially when I have to. More importantly, I learned that there’s more to knowledge, and that’s wisdom.

Though I can’t write everything here I know that I’ll miss everything here. From the classrooms up to the gates, I learned something that I’ll keep close to my heart. Maybe time would erase all the things I know and cherish here in Makati Science High School, but one thing’s for sure, I’m your friend, you’ll always be my friend. And the joy, the laughter, the tears and memories we’ve shared will always be a part of me.

Chotto matte kudasai is a Japanese phrase than means please wait.

No comments: