Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Monday, July 28, 2008

FRIENDS KEPT THE MUSIC PLAYING

UNEDITED SAMPLE FEATURE ARTICLE
By Jenny Marie Uno Porazo
IV-Enrico Fermi


In my 15 years of existence, I can already say that I already met lots and lots of people. At first, everyone was a stranger. A stranger who has his different race, his different status, his different belief and his different point of view. Some of these strangers became acquaintances, some just passed by, but some of them remained by my side, and I called them by the name “friends.”

These friends of mine made me happy. I found a family in them. When I was alone, they served as my second family, sometimes they may be the first. While we are in school, we always had fun, tears turns to smiles, grief turned to laughter, sadness turned to hope, and that hope turned everything upside down. Then, I remembered a quote I received in my cell phone. “Life is like a smooth playing music, and friends will keep that music playing”. I suddenly realized that my friends are not just shoulders I could cry on, in fact, I realized that they made my day complete. They made every minute worth treasuring. When the music of my life starts to go down, they would not say “I told you so!” They would give me the warmest hug, then, they would caress my hair and tap my back, and they would whisper “Everything will be fine, what are friends for!” Those were the best lines I ever heard, and I think I will not live without hearing those words. I wanted to cry, I always did, but happiness flooded my heart. Even though we had misunderstandings, we would just see ourselves by the riverside, talking things out, then cry, then hug each other. After that, we would be happy again. We would take pictures together and watch the sunset. Even the dirtiest river would be a crystal clear one if we look at it together. Even the most unpleasant sounds from jeepneys would be the most beautiful music we’ll ever hear if we listen to it together. One thing is for sure, the dullest moments in our lives will be the happiest moments we’ll ever have. The hardest problems will just be a piece of cake what we face it altogether.


Truly, God had his best plans! He made this setup for us to meet. My friends really kept the music playing. I lived for fifteen years without them, everything turned out fine. But when I started to meet them, I don’t think I can survive another fifteen years without them by my side!

No comments: