Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Monday, July 28, 2008

MASK

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Ma. Clarissa Garcia Dela Cruz
IV-Michael Faraday


“A little girl was once asked by a woman; “What is Love all about?”. The little girl replied, “It is when he still loves you though you do not love him back…” The woman just laughed. But the little girl was not finished; “…even when you hug him in cross bleeding and lifeless.””

An unconditional love or one-sided love? May be, both. They say that people tend to appreciate things when they are gone. But what if, they just do not feel the same way toward the person showing them affection? Could they still appreciate them?

My friend once experienced the same thing toward her best friend. I know that it tears her up inside every time they were talking about the “girl” of “his life”. But still, she manages to smile and gives advices because that is what “best friends” are for.

It has been almost 2 years of her life full of pretending. We often argue with that but because it is her life, as she always says, I have no chance of winning. I was glad if there would come a time that she might have been knocked down by a coconut. That was when she would shout out that she will settle things once and for all. But a minute or so would just pass; you would hear her babbling about him again. I could not blame her for doing so but things are not just right. I would rather spend my time solving math problems than see her crying, desperate for her one true love and then laughing as if she was going crazy.

“… Leaving someone, when you love someone is the hardest thing to do, when you love someone as much as I love you…”

Then, there came a time that she would not share her pain with us. I think that was when she knew all about the “secret link” between her best friend and his girl. We know that the happy face she tried to show was just a mask to cover up everything. By then, I realized that no one can help her but herself. So I decided that I would not force her to do things that I thought would ease what she kept inside. I told her that I would be there to support her in everything she would do. When will her show ends? Who knows? I just wish Destiny would have considerations nowadays.

It is really hard to show everybody how we feel; scared of letting them know what was bothering us. Sometimes, lying would be an excellent remedy to overshadow the tears from your eyes. We tend to hide the pain by smiling, hide the tears by laughing and hide the sadness by lying. And sometimes, we just want to trade our lives just to experience a minute of happiness that will really change everything. But that is what makes it ironic, the more you seek for happiness, the more you lose it.

No comments: