Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Sunday, July 6, 2008

IN HIS POINT OF VIEW

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Jessica Leal Manalili
IV-Albert Einstein


I woke up before her feeling a little drowsy but I knew there was nothing I could do about it since it was part of my nightly duties.

I blinked and my eyes customarily grew accustomed to the dim light. I raised my head and stared at the large expanse of brown flesh lying beside me. If she only exercised as much as I did she wouldn’t have that spare layer of fat, I thought unsympathetically.


Jessica stirred but I knew she wouldn’t wake up completely until the alarm clock on her side of the bed rings. I pondered for a moment thinking whether I could go back to sleep or should I go and find myself some breakfast. I opted to lay still and reminisce our memories together.


When we first set eyes on each other I knew that it was a perfect match. Her brown flesh complemented my white coat and we looked good together. We found comfort in each other’s arms. I was playful and in need of attention because I just got separated from my family while she was tired and in need of solace. I filled for the missing gap in her heart while she completed my being.


We never got tired of each other; in fact, Jessica was the first girl that I really appreciated. I remember the solitude we find while strolling in the afternoons. The happiness we get with just being together. The excitement we felt when we were chased by fierce street dogs. The fear we both felt when we went to the doctor.


I enjoyed the fact that I was part of her family. That she regards me more than an acquaintance.

A gentle rumble emanated from her side of the bed. She gently moved out of the quilt while I pretended to be asleep, knowing that she will prepare breakfast for me. As I heard the bathroom door close, I anticipated that she will be ready for school in about twenty minutes. As I heard the chair being scraped across the kitchen floor, I literally jumped off the bed and hurried off towards the kitchen. I felt so happy that we will be having breakfast together. Although she had already taken her first mouthful of rice she stopped eating the moment she saw me.

“Good of you to join me.” she said, a wide smile spreading across her face.


I padded towards her and looked up expectantly. She bent down and pushed my bowl towards me. I began to devour my share happily, my tail swishing from side to side.


It’s a myth that we only swish our tails when were angry.

No comments: