Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

FRIEND, I LOVE YOU

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By
Paula Carmela Oreña Ching
IV-Michael Faraday


Back then, I was so ignorant. Never thought that besides the things I have, there are still many other things that exist. My life then was so orderly, so painless. That’s what I’ve chosen. But now, I’ve learned that life is more than just living it. Live to love. That’s all. For me, life may be beyond human comprehension, but still, there are many things to learn, many experiences to learn from, many accomplishments yet to be achieved. As I grew up, I felt a sudden hunger for learning, an eagerness to know the things I do not know yet. I’ve learned of sadness, grief, sorrow, of many other things and, of love. I sometimes wish I could unlearn them all. But by being sad and hurt, I felt how it is to be truly happy.

Each day of my life, I gain more and more friends including you. You became a part of my life and I as part of yours. I’ve known you for such a long time. I share you all my secrets and confide in you. You were always there when I needed you. And then one day I realized that it’s you… You are that one thing I’ve been wishing for to have. I don’t know what it is, but I think it’s your captivating charms that made me fall for you. Everyday, it gets harder for me. I don’t know if we could still be friends and lovers at the same time. Is it really worth risking our friendship? I don’t know. I wanted to hold your hand but you’re not willing to stay. It tore my whole being apart. I was overwhelmed by sadness because of the fact that you love somebody else now. I was saddened by the thought that there would be a whole part of me which I won’t be able to share with you.

You may see me laughing, but would you know that inside, I’m dying? I just don’t want you to see me cry, because you’ve never known me for being like that. But the moment I saw you together, all my hopes turned into shambles. You’ve turned my heart numb. No. Not yet. I’m just trying to ignore the pain but still, it hurts. I owe many things to you. Most of the things I know of love, I’ve known because I loved you.

Yes. I’m sill that bitter-sweet kind of girl you used to know. I am still that someone who laughs with you, makes fun of everything and expresses how she feels. Though I’m in love with you, I am still your friend, nothing will change. I remember the day you asked me if I could be your friend forever. Of course, I’d love to. Asking me that question meant so much to me. It is a proof that you really love me. You really wanted me to be your friend. So, I’ll be true to that promise. We’ll take our friendship beyond forever. Our story may not have a happy ending but at least we’ll end up being good friends. This time, I’m letting you go, for love is meant to be free. Because someday, somehow, I’ll learn to love you back, learn to love you just the way you love me. One day, I’ll love you as a friend… Maybe, just as a friend.

No comments: