Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Monday, July 28, 2008

MY TRUE PARADISE

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Jenny Marie Uno Porazo
IV-Enrico Fermi


I believe that every person has their own interpretation of the word “Paradise”. Yes, I myself have my own paradise at the back of my mind. Let me share to you my own dream paradise.

For me, I define paradise as a place of contentment and pure happiness. That happiness means living in a world without worries, without sorrows, without grief. I would really like to live in that world. In that world I defined as paradise, there would be no war, just tranquility and pure peace. In my paradise, there would be no hungry children working their hearts out in the cold roads. These children will have a place to stay, a nice warm bed, and a delicious soup waiting for them. Then, these children will have a place they can call home. In my paradise, there will be no teenagers swerving in the streets without a home, without a family, without a friend. These teenagers will develop their potential as citizens. In my paradise, there will be no such thing as poverty and crime.

Everybody will have plenty to eat; their dining tables would be full of scrumptious food that will fill their empty stomachs. Crime would never exist. There would be no one who would dare to do such thing. Everybody would be disciplined. Everybody would consider their neighbors as their own. Strangers would never exist, for the people around them will be considered as friends. That’s the paradise for me, but, unfortunately, it would never happen.


I hope that the generations after mine would fulfill my paradise. Even though I am sleeping soundly in my coffin for the next one hundred years, I would sleep soundly, knowing that my paradise was coming to life slowly but surely.

No comments: