Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Monday, July 28, 2008

TIME

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Marian Denise Glipo Basallote
IV-Madame Marie Curie


Time has always been my greatest rival. The dispute existing between us has never been settled. I have always kept a grudge on it although at times, I do realize the futility of feeling such bitterness. It is truly pointless because after all, time triumphs over everything. No matter how hard I try, in the end, I am defeated by its overwhelming power.

Almost every day, I suffer from the harsh consequences of time. My relationships with my friends become difficult to maintain since I only have limited chances of talking to them. We belong to different sections and we all follow tight schedules. At night, I am only granted a little time for sleep. I have to accomplish the numerous home works and projects we are assigned to before the sun gets to shine its piercing light upon the sleeping world.

I miss out on a lot of things because time eats up my life the way it wants to. I do not feel its mercy towards my poor soul. I am left empty. It does not leave even an ounce of my strength. I am forced to wait for the longest time before I can finally regain my might. But, if I want things to turn back to how they used to be in an instant, I can always swallow my pride and bow down my head. Time readily shows its forgiveness and pity. However, there is nothing that can be done to mitigate the resentment I feel towards it.

My mind always wonders why time has permitted such complicated conditions to occur in my life. Why does time choose to show me the cruel side of eternity? Why do I become a victim of its unkindness? Am I the only tormented one? As these queries bother my consciousness, many answers begin to fill the spaces in my head. I come to realize that I have no right to put the blame on time. It is innocent and guiltless of any crime, just as a child is. It moves so swift as if it were a breeze that we sometimes get left behind. But, we are also to blame because we usually take time for granted. We are blinded by the superficial matters of life that we forget to look on what is more important for our maturity as individuals. We tend to forget that time is such an essential element in our lives that a single mistake can actually change everything we have in our hands.

Whenever I get the opportunity to indulge myself in lovely sceneries, I cherish such moments at once because no one knows if I shall experience them ever again. I always maximize the time I am given because I am aware that my existence on this world is short-lived. Whenever time throws its obstacles at me, I never hesitate to stand tall and fight back. After all, I still consider time as my ultimate opponent. However, just now, I have realized that there is no worth in feeling animosity towards it. Time never meant to make me suffer. Time has only wanted to teach me the valuable lessons of life. Time truly possesses tremendous strength that is unsurpassable by any human force.

No comments: