Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

MY FOUNDATION, MY ALMA MATER

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
by Vicson Aypa Mabanglo
IV-Sir Isaac Newton


I am proud to say that I am a product of my Alma Matter. My Alma Matter that molded me to who am I today. My Alma Matter who taught me priceless knowledge about the uncertainties of life. My Alma Matter who loved me so dearly, that I can say that he is the best Alma Matter in the whole world.

He has been my mentor for nearly seven years. He was a mentor who taught me the basic foundation of learning. Starting from letters to paragraphs and numbers to equations. He also instilled in me the true value of responsibility. At a young age I, as one of his students, learned to love God above all. He really is a perfect Alma Matter.

During my first year of stay in your custody, you taught me lessons that will remain in my heart and mind no matter what. You imparted to me the value of putting God in priority above all. You taught me to let God be the center of my life. On the other hand, you did not totally focus on academics hence you focused on developing my, together with my schoolmates, total well-being as a person.

During the next years, you instilled the true value of “servant-leadership”. You taught us that you can’t be a leader if you, yourself, can’t be a servant. You taught us the value of serving others first rather than being able to lead immediately. Through this, I learned the value of true leadership. I salute you, my Alma Matter, for this

As years passed by, your lessons broadened up. You elaborated the connection of servant-leadership and other kinds of values. You really taught me a lot of lesson. As I spent my last year in your arms before I graduated from elementary, I reminisced the times you taught me and introduced me to the real world. A world that is full of challenges. A world that is full of excitement. A world that is full of knowledge I still need to learn.

My Alma Matter, Saint John Bosco, Don Bosco, Don Bosco Technical Institute of Makati, I’m proud to be your product. I’ll never forget the things I learned from you. I will carry it until I grow old. I’ll remember all the memories we have shared. Thank you for everything. Hail Don Bosco, my Alma Matter Dear! Hail Don Bosco, our joyful voices hear!

No comments: