Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Monday, July 28, 2008

HOW DO I SEE MYSELF AS A PERSON

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Marian Denise Glipo Basallote
IV-Madame Marie Curie


A loving daughter… A compassionate sibling… A diligent student… A trustworthy friend… A holistic person… This is how I see myself. I am someone who confidently faces life’s challenges without any intention of giving up. Although, at times, weaknesses shatter my hope into a thousand small pieces, I am still able to find the real strength within me. With good judgment, I am able to discern the right path God has been leading me to. It is only He who I trust and turn to, especially during the darkest and dullest times of my life.

When it comes to education, I am that person who has always given it my top priority. I value it so much because I firmly believe that doing so will assure me of a bright future. I always perform well in our class because I want all the sacrifices and hard work of my parents to pay off. I do not want to disappoint them. I have that strong desire to make the people I love feel proud of my achievements.
I am someone who knows how to appreciate things, even the simplest ones. I am easily pleased and amused by silly and corny jokes. I enjoy having company because it makes me realize that I am loved and cared for. But, sometimes, I prefer to be alone so that I can have time to ponder on my countless thoughts. A period of silence gives my heart and mind the best kind of peace one can ever have.

I am someone who never forgets to thank God for all the great blessings he has continually showered upon me. My faith in Him is deep and strong that words can never be enough for me to express the power surrounding the tight bond between us.

I am someone who is sailing through the vast sea of life while fighting against its destructive waves. With the unpredictable flow of this journey, I have carried with me the precious values I learned through the years. Determination, perseverance, honesty, respect, trust, and love are the powerful defenses I possess. These shall undeniably take me to the place I have long sought for – a place where success has always reigned.

No comments: