Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Sunday, September 21, 2008

AT THE NEST OF AN EAGLE

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Jon Bon Jovi Endaya Timones
IV-Albert Einstein


Almost a month and a half after the strenuous University of the Philippines College Admission Test, another trial is to be faced by the students wishing to have a good future in college. Students must muster up all their knowledge for they will be facing the Ateneo College Entrance Test. A test which, if passed, entitles a student a privilege in studying in one of the country’s most respected school, and one of the best in Asia.

I arrived two hours before the required time, and to my surprise, there was no traffic. As we drive going to the Grade School Building, we passed by the Ateneo Blue Eagles Gymnasium. Just by seeing the logo, I can sense an intense feeling running through my veins. I can’t believe that I was staring at one of Philippines’ best team in basketball. Being a basketball enthusiast, it is a great honor for me to see such a gymnasium. As we arrived at the venue, I can feel no pressure for the atmosphere was so quiet. An hour later, several students went passing by. At first I thought they were Atenistas, but I guess I’m wrong. They are my co-examinees talking to their schoolmates, probably. I was just out of luck because I have no schoolmate who’s going to take the test at the same time.

After the stressful test, I was again alone. But instead of being sad for my isolation, I felt alive because of the surroundings that I can see. Fresh, green leaves, no sign of pollution, and a small eagle statue scattered almost everywhere. Just seeing these statues makes you feel that you are an Atenista.

When I reached our car, I again saw the gymnasium, but this time, I felt a different feeling. The sense of excitement was gone and was replaced by a sense of goodbye. Goodbye for now, at least, because sooner or later, I might be an Atenista and join the hundreds of students fighting for the blue and white banner. Or if not, still, I’m going to meet that Eagle logo, but not on the same side.

No comments: