Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Sunday, September 21, 2008

GRADE CONSCIOUSNESS?

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Jon Bon Jovi Endaya Timones
IV-Albert Einstein


Grade Consciousness or “G.C.” is a term used to describe people who were good in almost every subject. It may also be used to refer to people whose attitudes are very sensitive when it comes to their grades. For example, if a teacher mistakenly checked a G.C’s paper, the student will immediately report this to the principal without first consulting the concerned teacher or the adviser.

How does being a G.C. benefit a student? This question can be commonly heard to people who are not aware that such a term exists. Being a G.C. contributes to a big change in a student’s life. It helps an individual prepare himself for the future, college for example. It helps them to be independent. By being a G.C., you motivate yourself to achieve a higher grade; therefore you are setting a high standard for yourself. And by setting a high standard for yourself, your outlook in life becomes more positive and you become optimistic. Your parents will also be proud of you because you are trying your best to achieve high grades as they wanted it.

But not at all times being a G.C. is good. Sometimes it also has its side effects. For example, if your studying very hard and you have a classmate that you know is also doing well in your class asks you to teach him some lesson that he doesn’t understand. In your part, this will be your chance to have an edge over him so you will not teach him. You will pretend that you also don’t get it but in fact, you already mastered it. In this situation, you became selfish. Your health may also be affected by being G.C. Sometimes you can not eat three times a day due to overwhelming loads. Some of them take only a few minutes but because you want high grades, you put a lot of decorations to it that it takes you one hour to finish one. Since those materials don’t come free, you also need to buy them, which is another bad thing.

If I were to describe myself, I am not G.C. but I am not also lazy. I just fulfill the requirements that my teacher asks from me and I do not do things beyond that. I do not want to compete with them because I know my capacities. I know up to how much I can do well in class and I know where I need to study. As long as we did our best, no matter what the result is, we should all be satisfied with it and don’t go any further.

No comments: