Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

BROKEN DREAMS, SHATTERED PIECES OF SCHEMES

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Rachel Mae Joan Naluis Sansolis
IV - Sir Isaac Newton


For this very first time again, after quite a long wait, he surprised me. I was flavored, yes, I am a lot surprised. I encountered him, holding a broken mirror and glaring somewhere towards the ground. I so wondered with what he wanted to tell me or what he wanted me to know. I felt afraid and I did not even know what to do or what to deliver as an alibi. But as the coldness of the night enshroud my shimmering fleshless arms, my heart suddenly felt nervous. It beats faster and faster as if my head is covered with plastic that I cannot breathe. I can neither stop wondering nor insist staring at the mirror, he was holding. I was stocked with the same old blank position with my eyes, enlarged and wide open. Oh my, I cannot even move. “Why do you urge me to stay firm if you just have to tell me something not that significant? Can’t we just talk about it tomorrow?” I asked him timidly. He answered in a very soft, murmur- like sound but I heard it from that certain point I was standing. “I just wanted to say sorry.” Sorry for what? We did not have any misunderstandings. Since the very first day we met, he did not make any stupid thing that made me angry nor upset by those. These thoughts impinged my thinking and as I look at him directly towards his mouthwatering eyes, tears abruptly fall down his pappy- looking cheeks and reaches the broken pieces of the mirror. I felt like I fell out of nowhere. It was as if he was crying and even I myself cannot go beside him to wipe his tears. I thought it was really happening. Unfortunately, the loud timber of the church bell awakened me. It was definitely a dream. A dream that is so impossible to be true, because he is not living at the same old house they were living at before.


It gloomed my day for the whole time, I was thinking of that scenario. He was my best- est. he used to stay with me whenever he wants to. Now, I shall say, he only used to because he is now distant from me. He went a long way even before we graduated. He left me alone and until now, I am hoping for his come back. He promised me a lot of things and up to now, I am still having a strong faith that he will make those promises come true. I admit, I really miss him. He was then my savior, he was then but a great warrior who untimely treats me over and over again because everyday, he believes, is his lucky day. If he just knows how I miss the part of the day when we were both looking up to the sky and praying to the Lord and thanking Him at the same time. If he just knows how I miss the feeling of happiness, I used to experience before. I wish he were right beside me so that I could tell him the confidential huggermugger I am continuously feeling. That one I wanted to tell him even before the day he left. This clandestine which veils my spirit for almost a range of long years.

To escape from the solitary room I am in, I decided to walk astray. The darkness of the night conceals the corners of the streets as I look to nowhere. I really felt alone and that my only treasures would probably leave me soon. As I continue walking, my foot was wounded by the shattered pieces of glass on the street. I was shocked for that width of the rugged road, those pieces of shivered glass were scattered at the exact place I was standing. Within that certain moment, I remembered what I have dreamt of last night. The broken mirror he was holding as he was supposed to talk to me about something. It was just then when I realized that the thoughts of him entered my peaceful mind to let me know of what is probably happening to him at present. What could it be that keeps me boggling about our memories, which I still believe, would fulfill its absence by coming back, by letting me feel the warmth of his hug and the tightness of his grip on my hands? By these ideas that keep on arguing with my solemnity, I opt to go home.

It was already an hour after I left that street I have been. It was very tiring. I longed for a rest and as I was about to fall and feel the soft, fluffy foam of my bed, the telephone rang. My mother answered the phone and she called me because the one who is calling does not talk her. It was so creepy and when I answered it, I heard the same words he told me in my dreams when I asked him. My soul was traversed and I cannot speak off. I bragged the phone and it rang again. I answered it because I thought it would be him, but this caller told me, “Are you the best friend of my son? I just called for he wanted you to be the very first friend to know that he just died an hour ago. He was holding the mirror, which he said was your remembrance from each other. I am so sorry because I did not think of your relationship, instead, I only thought of the sake of his achievements. I did not expect this to happen but I think he did this for you. He loved you very much that it tears him up inside whenever he thinks of you, starting from the day we left from there. Sorry.”


When I heard those words, I suddenly felt my heart, being torn apart. I felt the feeling of being passed on by big trucks on the streets and eventually, I was not able to say something. I did not almost feel my hands let go of the phone I was holding and tears fell abruptly from my eyes showing how sad and sorry I was. Now I know, “I loved you and I will love you still. I’ll keep you in my memory and I’ll stay loving you forever.”

No comments: