Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Sunday, September 14, 2008

A PERFECT GUY

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Karenina Isabel Apilado Lampa
IV - Michael Faraday


Through all the years, I’ve never thought I’d meet the perfect guy. I always thought that books somehow described the protagonists to be somewhat a little too overboard. But when I finally crossed his path, I knew then and there that miracles still do happen.

I met my perfect guy.

He was terribly gorgeous. No, that’s an understatement. He’s got the looks which could launch a thousand ships. No originality? Oh fine. Well, you get my point. He’s absolutely worth dying for. But, that doesn’t even compensate for what he is inside.

When I first met him, I thought he’d be that stuck-up, rich, spoiled brat who’s an only child of the rich family in town. I’ve always held the principle that rich people all possessed the same attitude. They’d be know-it-all’s and they’d all think they’re above everyone just because they had riches untold. It wasn’t until I met him that I realized how shallow my thinking was. Because whatever I thought he would be, he was exactly just the opposite.

He would stand in front of a gun for you. Well sure, it didn’t happen yet, but someday, it might! But still, he always made people feel good about themselves. He saw the beauty in people that they don’t see for themselves. He had a radiant, happy glow that would influence the others. He would get out of his car and let the old woman ride in it instead, which replaces and totally shadows the kind act of boy scouts as they accompany the old woman crossing the road.

He was unique. He’s just, dreamy. He was way too humble for someone who had so much to boast of. I mean, I’ve seen many people arrogantly shove their fame in front of their faces, screaming for attention. But if you would actually compare what they’ve got to what this perfect guy has, it’s not even close. No.

And don’t even get me started on how he treats his girl. It’s absolutely so sweet. Every month, they’d go out and celebrate just whatever, and he doesn’t even bother with the most expensive restaurants. Instead, he’d go out of his way to arrange the most romantic dates in different set-ups such as beaches and candle-lit dinners on rooftops.

He always made sure that the girl felt loved. If ever he wasn’t there with her, he’d shower her with the most beautiful of, not roses or flowers, but handwritten letters. Like, think about it. Others go on typing, thinking of the waste of time it would be to personalize a letter to someone important. But this guy, he definitely knows how to treasure the most important things in life.

Aah...The joys of having the perfect guy. I dream of being his someday...

“I’m really sorry if I’m late. Come on then, I have the most wonderful surprise for you.”

I opened my eyes. There he is. Oh right, I totally forgot.

I could dream of being his over and over again. But then again, why keep on dreaming when it's happening in reality?

I stood up from the couch and grabbed my bag.

"I'm coming. I'm coming. Don't spoil the surprise!"

I’m his. And, he was mine.

No comments: