Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Sunday, September 14, 2008

A EULOGY TO LOLA DOLI

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Lavinia Lyka Lim Lopez
IV - Michael Faraday


Why do people have to go? Why do people need to leave especially the ones that are close to our hearts? Death…Death is an inevitable painful part of life. Our love ones are going to a better place but why are we still sad? For the fact that we will never be able to hug them, feel their warm body and show our affection to them. All of us have regrets whenever someone that we love passes away. We did something wrong or did not do anything that is of significance to them.

Lola Doli…can you hear me? I wish to speak to you…

Today, I wish to speak to you… Awkward – this feeling, this urge of speaking to you…now that you are gone.

I was just a child when you passed away. I knew nothing back then that’s why the pain of you leaving me and our family hadn’t given me unbearable agony. I was so imprudent to believe that you were just trapped inside a cooking pan because you were not eating. I believed that you were coming back. Those beliefs were strengthened by the television show “Wansapanataym” in ABS – CBN. I believed those things until I was old and sensible enough to know the truth.

Nowadays, when the elders talk about you, they would always say that you were industrious, kind, patient, loving and hard – working. Even though I can hardly recall you, I have to agree to all that. You are my super lola anyway.

Even though I was a mere child when you were still alive, I can still remember your calm and angelic face. I can still remember that you are kind and that you loved me so much even though I can vaguely remember anything from our time together. I just wish that you were still here with me. I want to hug you and feel your warm touch.

I want to thank you for everything that you have done to me especially for the care and unconditional love that you have given me wholeheartedly. You are one of the greatest lolas indeed!

And now you are…in the good care of our maker. The place that I and our family want to be in living happily with God and with you. And before I end this short speech of mine, I would like to say that I love you very much. I love you lola and God rest you…

No comments: