Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Sunday, September 7, 2008

WHEN TO LET GO

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Samantha Grace I. Cruz
II-Robert Hooke


I try to forget you but I can't. I wipe my invisible tears. I get up and pretend to move on. Loving you was splendid as it happened, now it's just a mere memory

As I look back, I cannot believe we actually lasted so long. And then over the most irrational reasons, we called quits. Ok fine, I was the one who backed out, but it doesn't mean I'm not hurt as much as he is.

Letting go seemed, for me, the better choice, the better path to take. I was not happy, he wasn't too. But we were so afraid to let go, and we kept clinging on to that train wreck of a relationship we had. It was not fair for both of us. We said we still loved each other, I guess, but who really knows anything about love?

I guess the thing we then called love was just mere infatuation. You know how people get carried away because of what they feel sometimes. What we thought was great was not so. It was not the many a splendid thing we thought we were treasuring.

During our last few moments being together, we always fought and bickered. But eventually, we would patch things up; one of us would eventually give in. Then, suddenly, I ended things. During that time we did not even have a problem; things were going smoothly. But at that time I realized that if I do not let go now, when will I ever have the courage to do so again? So I took a deep breathe and said the words you now know so well. We were both hurt, but then again, it was for the better, and that was what I had to do. It was not only for me, but for the both of us.

I do not however, regret that experience. It still taught me so much, now I know what I want, I know the limitations I allow myself. I learned control. I learned to give with nothing to expect in return. I learned to be myself and I learned acceptance. I know that he will treasure it too.

Even though things did not turn out great, and even though what I actually gained a lot from was not the real kind of love, it was still good. I still treasure it, regardless of what I say out loud at times.

Of course when I am asked, I always pretend not to care. I pretend I do not miss him. I pretend I do not know anything. I pretend I do not think about him. Because hey, it is easier to say that I do not care, rather than saying I do, followed by a series of questions and answers.

So did I make the right choice of cutting the bridge between us? Did I make the right choice to let go? I don't know. I don't know because it's made us both unhappy and hurt. But it's the only thing I can do. How can I let our relationship go on when it's not even real? How can I let it go on when it will just ruin us even more? Love just tears us apart, so it may be best for us to go our own ways.

Maybe we are just not ready, and when the time comes that we are, who knows? It might work out, and it might be what we craved for- a many splendid thing.

No comments: