Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Sunday, September 14, 2008

GREEN EYED MOSTER

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Karenina Isabel Apilado Lampa
IV - Michael Faraday


You think you are all great and powerful, huh? Do you honestly think that you would affect me even the slightest bit. Oh please, I am so beyond that. Go bug someone else, why don’t you? Your time is like, so wasted with me.

So I am going to close my eyes, and when I open it, you better not be there. One, two-

What? You’re still there. How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t give a-

Oh. So he’s right there, is he not? See? I do not care at all if that flirt is eyeing him with an unbelievable amount of longing. She really is THAT desperate. All that is left for her to do is to throw herself upon him. It is absolutely sick and disgusting. Whatever happened to the pure innocence of the race that used to be girls?

How I wish I could take her neck and twist it with- Oh. Oh. So it is your doing! See? I controlled myself. You have no effect on me whatsoever. No. Zero. So can you please leave me alone now?

Ah. I know that girl clad in stilettos. The one walking toward him, right? Yeah. She is absolutely stunning. Care for a piece of trivia? He actually dated her for the longest span of time. One year, two years, no big deal. I have known people who dated for like, a million years. They did not end up with each other. Funnily enough, they ended up hating each other’s guts.

But, you have a point. She is absolutely to die for. If I had been a guy, I would kill for her. But as things happen, I am no man. Therefore, I’d rather kill her-

What am I saying? I do not care if she goes back together with him. That would be a nice sight to see, of course. Love once gone, love once mended. Oh, I feel like crying in this sappy love story. Yeah. They would go well with each other.

See? For the nth time, I do not care if all girls eye him. It is so not his fault that he attracts attention. Some people are born that way, and you cannot blame him-

For the love of all that is holy...Is that middle-aged woman staring at him? Seriously? Is she not like, married or something? Where is the justice in the world? This is a crime! An outrage! Is there not a law that states the age brackets of who people should eye? Now,I HAVE seen everything. I so need to erase that from my memory. It was horrifying...terrifying...uhh, what’s another word that rhymes with that?

Why can these people not just look away for something new? Why does it have to be my guy? It is honestly irritating to see ALL of them flirt shamelessly with him.

Oh...it is all your doing, is it not? Stupid, green-eyed monster. You make things so much more complicated than it is. Why can you not go bother someone else? Why does it always have to be me?

“You’re talking to yourself again.” A voice interrupted my train of thoughts and I blinked to get my bearings back. He was there, standing beside me, sporting a smile reserved only for me.

“What? No. No. I was just thinking.”

Well, what else matters? All those other girls could drown in their own envy. He was mine. No one else’s.

No comments: