Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Sunday, September 14, 2008

PLAYING HARD TO GET

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Karenina Isabel Apilado Lampa
IV - Michael Faraday


I honestly don’t get it. What have I done wrong to deserve such a monstrous experience right now? Is it because I forgot to feed my goldfish when I was eight? Was THAT worth these pains of torture and everlasting heartache? Oh, I get it. It’s about the time when I so graciously kept the candies to myself during that one time when I had been so young, right? Get real. I was a KID.

I still don’t understand why. It’s as if my whole world has gone topsy turvy ever since he entered my life. Screw him. He thinks he’s all that. So what if there was never a day wherein he looked absolutely drop-dead gorgeous as he ran a hand through his hair? That’s totally not the point. Nope. Not the point.

It’s not even his lopsided smile that sends my heart fluttering into a thousand sparks. What? He’s not as bewitching as he thinks he is. God’s gift? Certainly not. He’s got himself into thinking that every girl worships the ground he walks on. I’ve never seen so much ego contained in a person. Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

He’s not even THAT intelligent. Like hell, he barely opens a book. Which makes it more amazing that he gets top marks, but aren’t we getting off topic here? Right. Right. I just can’t understand why he has such a huge impact on the people surrounding him. I mean, if I look around at all, there are a lot more guys worth drooling over than him.

Like this one guy who sat next to me during lunch hour. He was cute, though he did smell bad. And all we did was talk about the science fair. Sure, that’s what I’m dreaming for in a guy. NOT.

So what? Why? Why the hell am I getting all worked up over a guy who’s so perfect yet so imperfect in so many ways? I just can’t understand how I can hate someone so much. He just drives me mad to a point that it’s actually senseless, but get real. What is it about him that I can’t pinpoint?

Look at him. He absolutely loves the attention he gets. He’s so full of himself. Really. I would want to see the day wherein he’s not the one being followed around. Hah. I’d want to see how he’d take that. Stupid, stupid, stupid good-looking guy. How I loathe him. I abhor him. No, that’s not enough. The right word- what’s deeper than abhor? I can’t even think right! It’s all so anno-

“Hey. Go out with me.” A voice rang through my head for the millionth time and I felt like throwing a tantrum as I turned to stare at the guy I’ve loved for years already.

“Whatever. Go jump out of the window or something.” I answered bitterly before I grabbed my books and walked away from him.

That’s right. I remember now. That’s absolutely the reason why I don’t understand. Because the one guy I hate the most is the one guy I’m madly, deeply, truly in love with.

Only he doesn’t know that.

No comments: