Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Sunday, August 17, 2008

COLOR CANVAS

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Bernadette Tadena Guiamoy
IV – Michael Faraday


An enigma. That was what she was to me. She just came to me in a random moment of my silent life like a bullet through my head. She had a strong, weird personality. She was trying hard and I can feel that. Determined and reluctant, she came to me with her timid eyes and unwavering voice. Contradicting her traits may be, she stands out among the rest of them. She was really different, in a sense that you would be annoyed but you cannot help but listen. She came to me in full confidence that wanted to move aback. She asked me to teach her with the talent I have. She was certain and I was kind. And so, I let her draw on my paper. I let her in my life. She became my best friend.

Even though I barely had anything to give, I taught her what I could and we shared a lot of things while we were at it. Everyday was full of sun and clouds. All we have was colorful and everything else was black and white. But, of course, not all the time was there brightness and clarity. Other colors came to the scene.

Anger was inevitable. I had no idea how that came about but it was there. No matter what I do, it is always there. There is not a time that that is not present. She made me realize that no matter what artwork you make, when you color it, you can always use all the crayons in the box. Though I just want to color it with a few crayons, she emptied the whole box and smeared the canvas with all the crayons in both her hands. She often does so with shallow reasons, even with none at all. That made me afraid to confront with whatever it is that she had going, but I still stayed by her side. Not only did I want to keep my box of crayons, but I wanted to keep her as well. But, we went through it all and our box of crayons remained. I wanted her to be imperfect. I wanted her to STAY imperfect, because she is irreplaceable as hell.

After the blue and the yellow, the red and the black, all was weird and well as they have always been. She has left, but not on her own accord. She has gone to another school, her old school in her home town. Though we are miles apart, we have remained as we were when it all started. We are still friends and we get closer and closer by the minute. Whilst I update her on everything that happens here, I am still the one who she runs to in her time of need. I am still the one who she opens up to. And, I hope it will always be that way. Nights of love issues and family problems, days of bonding and storytelling. They have always been weird and shocking yet so well in every aspect of it. And, the crayons? We still use them. We still color each other’s canvases. We are still part of each other’s lives.

No comments: