Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Monday, August 18, 2008

I'M SO SORRY MY SAVIOUR

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Lavinia Lyka Lim Lopez
IV -Michael Faraday


Everything around me is falling out of place. The fruits of my hard work got rotten. The moist and nutritious soil from where I planted all my drudgeries became desiccated and insalubrious. My so-called true friends left me.

I just want to die. I just want to disappear and to abscond from this wretched world. Nobody wants me here. My parents even think that I am worthless for all the mortifications I have caused them. I want to be sent to oblivion where no one can leave me. I want to be sent to a place where no one can hurt me.

My life is full of pain and misery. Can someone help me? I need a saviour. I need someone to take all the pain away. I need someone to make me experience happiness again.

As I was walking down the street contemplating over my excruciating thoughts, someone touched me gently from my rear. I felt a soothing sensation when that someone touched me. I slowly turned around to see who it is. I was surprised to see him. He asked me if we could walk home together. I was flattered because someone wants to be with me in spite of all the ghastly things that happened to me so I nodded shyly.

While walking under the hot rays of the sun, we chatted happily. This was my first normal conversation for so long. I never imagined that I could be happy again.

I finally reached my house so I said goodbye to him. He left with a radiating smile. I went inside my house and walked gradually upstairs into my room. I laid on my water bed and ruminated over the blissful events that happened this day. I would have never imagined that of all people he would be the one to come to my needs and be my saviour. We are not close friends. We are not even friends. We are just acquaintances.

My alarm clock is ringing stridently. It is another forlorn day for school. I remembered him and optimistically thought that this day wouldn’t be as bad as I thought. Having that encouraging notion in mind, I exuberantly went down the stairs.

After eating my breakfast, I said goodbye to my disappointed parents. As I was sauntering in the street, an angelic voice called my name. From the soothing voice, I knew that it was him so I immediately faced towards the voice’s direction. He said hi and once again asked me if we could walk together. Expectedly, I said yes enthusiastically. I experienced bliss once more.

He and I easily became best friends. He knew everything about me as I knew everything about him. We keep no secrets from each other. We are so close to each other’s hearts that we even swore to never leave one another. We really are inseparable.

After a few years, he asked me if he could court me. I said yes because like him, I have feelings for him too. He became my boyfriend after a year. I really can’t believe that my saviour is mine now. I really can’t believe that the person whom I dear the most loves me the same way as I love him.

Our relationship had been strong for the past years. While we were dating, we talked about our experiences together. He confessed that when we were at high school, he already had feelings for me. He told me that he would always stare at me when classes are at session. He told me that he already loved me back then that’s why when my world fell apart he immediately came to my rescue.

I thanked him for being my saviour now and especially back then. I told him that he was the one who gave me strength to put the pieces of my life back together. I said to him that he is the reason for my comeback.

I was waiting for him inside a restaurant on the night of our anniversary. He was already late for forty-five minutes. I kept waiting for him until the bistro closed. I was worried because he would always be at our meeting place earlier than me. I was worried because in our anniversaries, he would always surprise me with something.

I apprehensively went to his apartment. As I was parking my car, I saw him hugging another girl. I irately went towards him and slapped him in the face. I scurried to my car, started its engine, and drove briskly. He precipitously chased me with his car. I was crying very hard while I was driving away from him. I just can’t believe that our relationship will now end. I just can’t believe that my saviour also left me. I just can’t believe that my saviour inflicted pain in me.

I could no longer see his car. Maybe he gave up on me already. Maybe he went back to his girl at his apartment. At that time, I just wanted to die. All the pain that I endured was refreshed inside my aching head while I, crying, was laying on my bed. I could no longer think rationally. I want to bang my head on the four walls of my room. I was really depressed. What am I going to do if my saviour already left me? What am I going to do if the person whom I get my strength from betrayed me?

I heard my alarm clock ringing clamorously so I was forced to wake up. My head was twinging and my eyes were really sore. It was already time to go to work. I decided to watch the television for a while so I turned it on. I saw a crashed car. Seeing the car made me remember the painful event last night so I turned it off.

On my way outside, I saw the girl who he hugged last night. Seeing her ruined more my day. She asked me if we could talk for awhile. I ignored her and stepped on the clutch. Seeing that I had no intention of talking to her, she just shouted what she had to say. When I heard her purpose of going to me, tears suddenly poured from my eyes. She said that she is his cousin. He was just comforting her because she has a very serious problem. I couldn’t believe that it was my fault. Because of so much guilt and pain inside me, I intensely stepped on the clutch until I hit a post at our neighbourhood.

No comments: