Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Sunday, August 17, 2008

A GLIMPSE OF YOU

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Lavinia Lyka Lim Lopez
IV - Michael Faraday


Pondering over my thoughts, I unintentionally shook my head towards the window. I saw a shadow slowly getting bigger as the sun sets. Being mystified, I silently moved nearer the window and that was when I saw you. My heart was beating peculiarly fast. My usual pale cheeks suddenly became red and my body temperature got unusually high. I didn’t know why I was feeling so strange. All I know at that time is I was dumbfounded by you.

I couldn’t sleep that night because of an image recurring inside my head. No matter what I do, the thought of you would always be in my consciousness. I couldn’t understand myself. Why am I so bothered by you? I don’t even know you. There was nothing special about you. The only thing I was sure of is that time stopped awhile ago when I saw you. Everything suddenly turned white and all that my hazelnut eyes could perceive is you.

As days passed by, my addiction towards seeing you grew stronger. I was bothered in everything that I do. I don’t know why but I have a strong desire to catch a glimpse of you.

As I was walking down the street, a strong wind suddenly rushed to my pale-skinned face. I stopped for a moment and protected my face from the cold gust. The gust grew stronger. A mote suddenly irritated my eye. As I was rubbing my eye, I inadvertently faced the opposite direction. I was surprised when I accidentally bumped a person in front of me. To my astonishment it was you. I immediately said sorry. You told me that it’s okay and left with a smile. I never thought that I would see you again but I guess its destiny.

It was already dark and I was still walking towards home. The street was halcyon and all that my ears could perceive were the sounds of my pointed shoes as I sauntered. I was ruminating my encounters of you. It was then that I realized that I have fallen in love with you. I fell in love with you from the first time that I caught a glimpse of you. As I open the gate of my house, a gust suddenly moved in the direction of my face. Having that glacial sensation made me experience the sentiment I had when I was with you a few hours ago. The gust made me want to see you again. It made me want to see your radiating smile once more. I wanted you to smile sweetly for me again. I am contented to love you from afar even though I do not know when I will see you again. There is even a possibility that I may never see you again. Even though the chances of us meeting once again are thin, I will hold on to that thin strand of possibility. I’ll make sure that the next time our paths cross, I will be able to tell you that I love you.

No comments: