Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Monday, August 18, 2008

MY INANIMATE FRIEND

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Bernadette Bunao Orgen
IV - Michael Faraday


For the 14 long years of my existence here on earth, I have been cognizant about the pressure in life. Anytime and anywhere, I must lift up to the expectations of the people who believe much in my capabilities. I must accomplish all the obligations entrusted to me which are escalating in degree and in value. After a tedious day of my struggle for education and golden wisdom, I feel so weary and satiated. In this frail body of mine sink in responsibilities, duties, and stipulations. I cannot complain. I have to obey even if I do not want to. What must I do? Who could help me?

Then, I found an aid to my tiresome feeling in music. It is one of the most beautiful things in this world I have ever seen. It heals my worn out senses, soothes my sluggish soul, relieves my aching body, rejuvenates my jaded heart, and amuses my fatigued spirit. Every note that enters my ears removes the pain from inside. Every rhythm and beat that I feel exercises my being both internally and externally. I let go of my complaints whenever I sing a song. I find pleasure whenever I strum my guitar and create a group of tones. no one can ever stop me in doing these things for this is the only way I know in which I can reveal myself. And if somebody dares to do so, I do not care.

Music is my inanimate friend. In it, I find freedom. In it, I find a sanctuary. It lends me a shoulder to lean on. It inspires me to be strong and to fight all the limits. Through it,I became a better individual. With it, I view the world as a wonderful place to live in. I thank God because He did not deprive me of this magnificent present. I am now unafraid to do what they want me to do because I am confident that I am capable of doing them all.

No comments: