Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Friday, August 29, 2008

REACH FOR THE STARS

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Lavinia Lyka Lim Lopez
IV - Michael Faraday


People say that I am a stoic person and I agree with them. In fact, I am thankful that I am stoic. Being unemotional has many advantages. You wouldn’t be easily affected by the adversities around you. You will be able to finish your work without being disturbed by anything especially excruciating sentiments. You will be able to transcend your limitations for nothing will get in your way. You will be able to grasp the whole world in your hand.

In my third year in high school, I was able to experience so many sensations. I experienced glee, poignance, jealousy, and remorse. I was bothered by both frivolous and somber contemplations. In addition to my incommodious deliberations, I was also distracted which both caused my downfall.

Ever since grade 3, I am included in the overall top ten of my batch. My stoic personality has a lot to do with my achievements in life. But everything changed in my third year in Makati Science High School. I wasn’t included in the overall top ten anymore. I would just always join clubs and participate in activities for extracurricular points. I do not have a stable mind that’s why I am experiencing such misery. I wasn’t stoic not even a little bit when I was in third year high school.

Even though I experienced so much agony, I never lost hope that I would one day rise and regain my rightful throne. I promised myself that this year, my fourth and last year in high school, I will once more be included in the overall top ten of my batch. I will use my experiences in life especially the forlorn ones as stepping stones to reach my goals in life. I admit that I am still stoic today but I am experiencing so many sentiments. I will make sure that all the occurrences, whether good or bad, in my existence shall help me reach for the stars and not tear me down.

No comments: