Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Sunday, August 17, 2008

WHO I AM

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Marie Juliebeth Monge
IV - Isaac Newton


I’m a book. You’ll never know me unless you read me. You can believe everything you see in the outside. But I think its better to believe on what’s inside.

I’m a paper. You can do whatever you want to do. Crumple me, cut me, tear me, or worse—burn me. But in the end, I’ll still be the paper you once had. And I’ll just go away if you let me go.

I’m a pencil. Sharpen me all the time and I’ll never get tired writing for you. I may do some mistakes once in a while to make me human, but I know I can change it with the help of my eraser.

I’m a stuff toy. You can hug me. You can play with me. You can even give me to somebody. But still, I’ll never fail to give my genuine smile.

I’m a psychologist. You can talk to me when you needed advice. I may not be able to give to you the best advice in the world. But I can guarantee that I’ll be here to listen to all your problems.

I’m an eye. I tend to see things the other way. I know I’m quite frank and tactless. But I know that some things are said for the better being of another person.

I’m a 24 hour convenience store. You can come to me anytime, unless I’m sleeping. But you can come to me when you want to unwind. I can keep quiet if you want. I can talk nonstop if you say so. I can be your sister when you’re at your worst. I can be your friend when you’re at best. I’ll be a shoulder when you needed one. And most of all, I can be your lover who’ll love you unconditionally no matter what.

But what I am, what I can be, doesn't matter. I know I can give everything to be your anything. Still, I know you won't see me as your someone, the someone who can give you that something called love.

No comments: