Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Sunday, August 17, 2008

I DID

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Anna Diana Arcega Valerio
IV - Michael Faraday



11:38 pm, 08/09/08
11:45 pm
11:56 pm
11:59 pm
12:04 am 08/10/08

Minutes had passed. I am still staring at my keyboard begging for words so that I can come up with another article.

I reached for the mouse. I clicked on the ‘My Music’ folder. I double-clicked on the MP3 Format Sound titled “Faraway” by Nickelback. Ask them. I am so addicted to this song. But as every word was sang, and as the melody filled the air, all the memories with him crashed on me, all over again.

For the past few days, I had a pretty good job of forgetting all about him. His eyes, his smile, his laugh, the way he looks at me, and most importantly, my undeniable love for him.


My mom and my siblings were fast asleep. I am the only one awake here so I can do whatever I want. But certainly not to cry. Even though my eyes are filling with tears, I do not want them to stroll down my face. I am so tired of crying. So tired of thinking that all these is just a nightmare I will soon wake up from.


Everything seemed so perfect. In my life, you have played a part that is more than I expected. You seemed to be the farthest star that I could not and would not be able to reach. But, surprisingly, you came down from the heavens to make me feel the warmth of your undying caress. You told me that I am the one who will be replacing her, the one who can solve your problems, the one who can make you smile anytime, and the one who knows you more.

We talked about everything and anything we could think of. We stayed up late every night and will go to bed at five o’clock in the morning. You told I am pretty and I would argue with you for saying it. You would be insisting on it and I would be left defeated. Your words are too strong to capture a fragile heart. I would be saying that I am already sleepy and you would confess that your eyes are already aching. I would be scolding you and you would say that you stayed up late just to listen to my stories. You promised me that you would do your best to take care of me because I am your special friend. I asked you if you were expecting for someone like me or I just captured your attention as soon as I walked into your life. “Yup. You are right. I was expecting for you.” That is what you had answered me.


All this time, I hold on to you. You filled the empty spaces in my heart when time comes that I feel every one had turned their backs on me. I asked you a hundred times if my feelings for you are worth fighting for. You just said it is up to me. So I pursued it. All my anxieties were gone just when I think of your name. When we are together, you seemed to be the most beautiful angel heaven has sent here on earth. Time passed by. And I as came to know more about you, I assumed that this would not end. I became confident that you would not be leaving my side.

I did not notice the time to fly out of my sight. I woke up one day without seeing the familiar light. It is not that you lost your usual brightness. You left me as I was dreaming the most beautiful dream ever. Now, I wonder. Did everything happen with my eyes wide open? Or I was just blinded with the light you possess as I reached so hard for you?


But I know I am not mistaken. You did exist. You did hold my hand. You did smile as I sit next to you. You did listen to my silly stories. You did say, “You are special to me.” You did promise me that you are not leaving.

While my heart was on the last stage of recovering from its past heartache, you dropped it and it crashed again into a million tiny pieces. Whoa! I give up. I cannot get hold of the pain you are causing me to feel. I cannot believe that everything just passed by and was not destined to stay. I cannot argue with the truth that you left me here all alone in the cold.

Did I fail to tell you how important you are to me? Did I fail to show how much you mean to me? Did I fail to tell you I love you?


Well, if that is the case, I am telling you now. I loved, love, and will always love you. I may be stupid for saying this, but I do not want to think that there is someone better than you are. Because by just glancing to your every glimpse, I already feel so complete. Oh God. Please help me. All is up to you now.

As I compose this last paragraph, I am wiping my cheeks with the back of my hand. My tears rolled down freely. But to tell you honestly, I did not know that I cried. It was my subconscious that produced all the words, sentences, and paragraphs that you had just read, and the one who made me cry, I hope, for the very last time.

No comments: