Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Thursday, August 21, 2008

LIFE'S SECOND TRY ON EVERY FIRST CHANCE

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
Anna Diana Arcega Valerio
IV - Michael Faraday


“Every mistake can be forgiven; as long as you learned the moral from it.”

This happened when I was in third year. This is the time of my life when I became so free in whatever I do. I have noticed that my parents became a little loosened when it comes to decision-making concerning me. It is not that I get all the things that I want, but I usually have the unnecessary things like having two mobile phones with different service providers. My parents are the one providing it financially. So at first, I was enjoying what my parents provided me. I was just keying on my phone’s keypad all day. I would only put it down when I am charging it. But I realized that you do not need to do all the modern trends just to be hip. Every advantage has its corresponding disadvantage.

When almost all of my friends were switching to Sun Cellular, I also bought a new SIM card pack. I used it immediately and I was amazed with its promos and load denominations. From the very start, from the moment that my mom handed me the newest phone, an arrangement was done between my parents and I. They will continue to finance me on my both phone lines but I shall do not use or even try to use Sun Cellular. But as hard-headed as I am, I did not obey what they have told me. I continued to use it and hid my actions to my parents. I thought I was having a pretty good job. Weeks have passed and I had had so many friends that I have met over SMS. I thought this was cool. I thought it was great.

Then one night, while as I was talking to one of my newfound friends, my bedroom door blew wide open. My mom’s face was shouting with anger. I can smell danger. I was doomed. She knew beforehand that I am using this service provider. She grabbed my phone, opened its back part, flipped the battery, and removed the SIM card from the SIM card slot. She grabbed a pair of scissors and cut it into half. There were no words spoken, but I did know what does that mean. My parents were angry for what I have done.

I knew I was wrong for doing such act. I should have obeyed every thing that they are saying because it is only for my own good. Because of this, I was grounded on using mobile phones, home phone, and even internet access. I was mad at them for coming up with some decisions. They cannot take it away from me easily! This is so unfair!

However, as I came back and traced the path that led me to this way, one thing was significant. I did not notice that there was a manhole along the way. With too much carelessness, I accidentally slipped into it. I came to realize that the root of these glitches is yours truly. They have given me their full trust and understanding but what I gave back was an attitude that hurt them badly. I destroyed the wall of trust they hardly built around us. In addition, the worst part is, I have stained their pride for having a daughter like me.

After some time, we talked about it thoroughly. I explained to them that I am not going against for they want me to pursue. It is just that I am curious with all the things around me. I want to explore them all and have a better understanding in everything that exists. I laid to them my every single reason to use Sun Cellular as my service provider.

Moreover, do you know what the best part of this conversation is? It is the part I apologized for what I have done, they ssshh-ed me and wipe the tears that were strolling down my face. They embraced me and it felt so good that I am with my both parents. I am so thankful for having my parents: my love, my savior, my guide.

Even though there are complications, problems, and glitches that are bothering you, just always remember that God will never make you do the things that He knows you cannot perform.

In our life’s journey, a second chance is worth trying for. Even God will not ever hesitate to give you another chance to try. Life itself is not perfect. That is what we are designed for: to give a better comprehension on what life truly means.

No comments: