Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Sunday, August 17, 2008

DREAMS FOREVER

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Alexi Erlyn Sta. Ana Carlos
IV - Isaac Newton


We were holding each other’s hand. We were so happy to have each other. We passed by so many couples but none looked marvelous together as we do. We sat down the bench and I lay my head on his shoulders with his hands around my waist. I closed my eyes.

Moments later, I opened my eyes. You were gone. Only then have I realized that it was just a dream- a dream to reminisce memorable times from yesterday. We were once together. Hand in hand. We passed every test that came to us. We passed every obstacle that was meant to break us. And the fact that we have each other made us strong.

But months passed, I left. I left you all alone. I thought it was the right thing to do. I thought I would be happier. I was selfish…

It took time for me to realize your worth. It was the time when I saw a couple holding each other’s hands. I yearned for the touch of your hands. I yearned for the feeling of being loved. I yearned for you.

Suddenly, tears fell from my eyes. I remembered the moments we were together. I missed you so much. I wanted to run towards you but I was afraid that you would reject me.

A year has passed and now, I am just lying here on my bed. Thinking of the times I spent with you. In my dreams, we are still the happy couple we used to be. In my dreams, you still love me and care for me. Might as well be dreaming forever…

No comments: