Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Monday, August 25, 2008

UNBREAKABLE

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Vladimir Paat Villegas
IV – Sir Isaac Newton


“God I want to dream again
Take me where I’ve never been
I wanna go there
This time, I’m not scared
Now I am unbreakable
It’s unmistakable
No one can touch me
Nothing can stop me”
- Fireflight, Unbreakable

Life is a long road which everyone shall travel in this world. Because of its length, we all get tired and there is a point of rest somewhere, but others would not survive then because the life they have is not the life that they used to live.

That was my life. Many challenges had already come along my way. Some of them are just pieces of cake which you would consume for a minute. How happy I was to have those problems just to make sure that the right path was trailed. I took them as challenges to make sure that I was still strong and still the way I was before. As long as my self was sustained, there would be no problem because the principle to solve every problem was inside me as I thought before.

That idea continued even if steeper slopes were climbed. I knew that someone is above me to pull me up and some people are behind me to catch me if ever I fall. There was nothing to be done for me but my best because all I knew was that I was doing well so far. There was nothing to worry of because I knew that they were there with me so I trusted them as I trusted myself. Every day was a day of smiles and every night was a night of comfortable sleeps for me that time.

But time went on and wear and tear took their effect. I fell down to my knees and realized the bitter truth. All I saw was that every thing was lost and they could never be brought back no matter what kind of quest would be done. I was like a person whose efforts were senseless in moving away from the impact for there would be no other victim than me still. I had given my all already and I had no strength to continue anymore.

At the death of the night, I saw myself crying on my desk for I could not take what happened to me. I failed to do my part and no one would receive the punishment other than me. Because of the pain inside, I could not write, read, or do anything which I used to do. Nothing was on my papers except for tears. Because of what happened, then came my weary sleep.

As the next day came, I just woke up as if as good as new though there was no more smile in my lips. As I traveled on, I saw the better me compared to the one which I saw in the past. Everything changed in a single glimpse because I was just harder, darker, and faster as made by all the hurt inside of me.

One by one, I challenged those who put me down. As they returned, I took them down and proved to them that I am not the usual one which they kept on beating down before. There was no more fear in me for I said to myself that it was just a crutch that tries to hold me back and turns my dreams to dust. All I needed to do was to trust in him.

It might be hard to go on in this life, but faith moves without knowing as said by a song. Because of it, I am unbreakable.

No comments: