Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Monday, August 18, 2008

A LETTER TO MY BEST FRIEND

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Bernadette Bunao Orgen
IV - Michael Faraday



You are wonderful. Why? It is because I found myself in you. But how was that possible? I do not know.


We are very much alike. Not only because we are relatively small for our age, but also because we are the same. We think the same, feel the same, and like the same. I was born two months prior to your birth. Your family moved to the place where you are presently living. Then, our family moved there, too. You and I grew together, and we were reared by your and my parents who are like mine and yours, too. We played games, shared toys, and sang and danced together. We beat all odds. We successfully defeated them all.

I remember when we had a quarrel. I did not know why I despised you that time. I can remember that I even bit you without a good reason. But, without me saying sorry to you, we became all right again.

We never kept secrets. You told me whom you liked and disliked, and I told you the same, too. We also agreed upon abominating those younger children who tease our siblings and cousins. We even called them funny names. I realized that we become mean at certain times. How funny!

We shared priceless moments together. We have become partners in crime. We have laughed and cried together. We have been and will always be reciprocating our love for each other.

It is just sad that we are parted by long distance. I am studying hard here so that you can have a reason to be proud of me. But, do not worry. I can handle myself. Take good care of yourself. Do not be afraid to give your best shot all the time.

Always remember that when the whole world turns its back on you, I will never live you alone. Together, we will defeat and triumph over them. I will always be a best friend to you.

No comments: