Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

MY ETERNAL SUNSET

UNTITLED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Francesca Gabrielle Rodriguez Trinidad
IV - Albert Einstein


I sat there, staring at the horizon and marveling the view which was set before me. It was a sky painted with purple and ocher. The sunset truly is amazing.

It has been roughly 5 months since I started to get to know you. Sure we knew each other, or at least I knew you. Who did not? Everyone admired you, or at least I did. Talented, handsome, sweet – you were definitely one of a kind. But it was your smile that made my day. You had always been a pleasing person with such an aura, I could barely describe it.

I do not recall the date, but what I do recall is that it was one of those days when I stayed at school for our play practice and we were already done. I sat beside Monique on the stairs near the lobby. You were outside. I do not know how or why I shouted these words. I said, “Ang pogi mo!” You uttered “I love you!” in return, jokingly of course. Then you asked for my number. I was a bit confused because we had already texted each other before. I also recall you asking pasalubong from me in Baguio during Semester break the year before. But then you were just another acquaintance of mine, so I disregarded the thought. I gave you my number and to my surprise, just after you had walked me home, you already sent me a text message. It was at that moment that my admiration for you started. You amused me by your every word, your philosophies and your wit.

The days passed by quickly after that. We met regularly and you accompanied me and showed me everything I had never known of before. You opened a new door in my life. You showed me everything I wanted to know. You were, and still are, my light.

You never cease to make me smile. Whenever it is you I talk to, I feel elated, blissful, complete. You make my life colorful and interesting. You words make me smile. Your actions make me happy. Your presence makes me comfortable. And you yourself make me complete. It is you I first think of in the morning, you I long for in the afternoon and you I miss in the evening. Do I.....? No. No. Not now.

I went back to my train of thought. While I was sitting there looking at the astounding scenery, I found myself wishing I were with you. I do not know why or how it is that I immediately thought of being with you at that very instant. Maybe it is because you, like the tinted sky, color my life. You, like the tinted sky, make me feel that life is wonderful and worthwhile. You, like the tinted sky, are totally mesmerizing. You, like the tinted sky, are something that continuously exists in this planet, but unlike others, I never get tired of you. Whenever I am with you, I am always dumbfounded. Just like the sky, you are a common sight to see, yet you never cease to captivate me.

You are my eternal sunset.

No comments: