Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Monday, August 18, 2008

MY TRAGIC ENDING

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Lavinia Lyka Lim Lopez
IV -Michael Faraday



As I slowly open my eyes, I see my only constant sightseer fixing my murky room. She, smiling, said hi to me when she noticed that I was already awake. After her onus, she departed unhurriedly leaving me all alone and ensnared in the four corners of my chamber.

Staring at the lofty ceiling, I recalled my customary life. I recalled how I would always go to school late because of watching tragic movies. My mom would always reprimand me in the morning and shout at me to hurry up. At school, my friends and I would constantly talk about the good-looking boys in our batch. While I was educing my memories, a sudden pain overwhelmed my entire body. I, gasping for air, pressed the bedside alert button. I saw a doctor and nurse rush into my room as I slowly became unconscious.

I came back to consciousness. I wondered what day it is. I wondered how many weeks or months have passed. Every time I wake up after being insentient, a few weeks and sometimes months have came by. I hear echoes of footsteps loudening every second. The ricochet of sound stopped for awhile. I heard the turning of the doorknob. As light from the hallway enters my room, the most imperative persons in my life suddenly entered and greeted me a happy birthday. I was experiencing bliss. My family is here with me celebrating my 16th birthday. We were all happy. My mother was telling stories about the things that happened at home while I was away. My father was dancing in front of me and my two younger brothers were eating like pigs.

While I was enjoying the company of my most valued treasure, an impulsive pain immersed my whole body. Everyone around me was dreading. My vision is slowly getting blurry. I could see the tears from my sweet mother’s eyes. As I wiped the tears of my mother, flashbacks of my entire life ran inside my head. I could see and feel everything that happened to me. My complete life was showed to me in an instant. After my film viewing, I really got tired so I closed my eyes. After I closed my eyes, my hand which was swabbing my mommy’s face gradually fell down.

No comments: