Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Monday, August 18, 2008

UNTIL THEY CAME ALONG

UNEDITED SAMPLE LITERARY ARTICLE
By Vicson Aypa Mabanglo
IV - Sir Isaac Newton


I do not know anything about myself. I do not know my purpose here on Earth. I do not know what is right from what is wrong. I am unknowledgeable and worthless. I am unsociable and unsuccessful. I, myself, am not talented. I, myself, do not know my strengths and weaknesses. I, myself, am weak and defenseless. I know nothing about myself except the fact that I am insignificant in this small world.

He molded me to who am I today and he was my foundation and framework. From him, I learned to love my family. From him, I learned to love God above all. From him, I learned the value of discipline. His undying patience had been my way to discover my talents. He is Don Bosco Technical Institute of Makati, and from him came a part of who am I today.

I remember the times when I stayed at his corridors, his corridors that have been always quiet and peaceful, in spite of his boisterous students. I remember his classrooms, with the teacher’s table in front, which had been my fortress through thick and thin for six consecutive years. I remember the tranquility I feel every time I enter his solemn chapels. He, together with my family, taught me to love God above all. It makes me feel happy reminiscing the academic and technical lessons I learned from him too. Every single lesson I learned from him will always stay in my heart and mind no matter what. Hence, these academic and technical lessons are worthless if compared to the most valuable piece of knowledge I learned. The priceless piece of leadership, specifically servant-leadership, that guided me in choosing the right path I should take. I really learned a lot of things from him. From him, I learned to love my Family. From him, I began to know my purpose, my strengths, my weaknesses, and myself. I started to love my whole being. I have instilled in myself that he will be my Alma Mater, always and forever.

I am proud to say that I am a product of my Alma Mater. My Alma Mater that molded me to who am I today. My Alma Mater who taught me priceless knowledge about the uncertainties of life. My Alma Mater who loved me so dearly, that I can say that he is the best Alma Mater in the whole world.

The time came when I need to leave him for a while for a new foundation accidentally chosen by fate, intertwined to the road I am in. I, though, had left my Alma Mater, have found a new companion willing to mold me and contribute to the remaining parts of my being. She was simple yet very loving. She was the Makati Science High School. Just like my old friend and mentor, she started out with answering the remaining questions in my mind. She filled out my minds with things unfamiliar yet fascinating. I learned lots of things through her. I became knowledgeable about things around me. My perception of me being worthless was gone with just her whisper. She introduced me to the public and to the real world. From her, since she is not gender sensitive compared to my old mentor, I learned to socialize. I learned the way of the real world. I became exposed to reality and the facts needed to be known as a mortal living in this ephemeral world. She introduced me to my other talents. She introduced me to Music, Sports and Writing. She allowed me to join her Basketball Varsity team, which taught me the value of discipline. She, in her corridors, introduced the notes and the scales of my new friend and talent, the guitar. When I became familiar to her, she even introduced me to one of her most valued field, the field of Writing, the field of Journalism. She trusted me to be a leader. She trusted me to be the Editor in Chief of her sophisticated field. I would never disappoint her. Through her, I also learned my other weaknesses and strengths. Through her I learned to value my friends. Through her, my life had been colorful and blessed. She taught me memories that will be eternal in my mind. She taught me the true meaning of life, that life is truly not a bed of roses, that life is not always comfortable, that life has his obstacles that we should surpass to come out strong and cogent. She taught me all that. She completed my other remaining half. I love her, and she, together with my old friend will be my Alma Mater, forever.

I am proud to say that I am a product of my Alma Mater. My Alma Mater that molded me to who am I today. My Alma Mater who taught me priceless knowledge about the uncertainties of life. My Alma Mater who loved me so dearly, that I can say that she is the best Alma Mater in the whole world.

Both of them had been my refuge and strength. With them, my limited stay in this world had been worthwhile. With them, I became who am I today. With them, I learned to see the world in a different perception. A perception that can only be obtained through the combination of two unique foundations.

I do not know anything about myself. I do not know my purpose here on Earth. I do not know what is right from what is wrong. I am unknowledgeable and worthless. I am unsociable and unsuccessful. I, myself, am not talented. I, myself, do not know my strengths and weaknesses. I, myself, am weak and defenseless. I know nothing about myself except the fact that I am insignificant in this world. – until they came along, my foundations.

No comments: